Monday, January 9, 2017

Teen Lit Rocks Review Book 1

I contribute to a Teen Lit Blog when I'm on top of my life, called Teen Lit Rocks. I currently have 28 books and ARCs to read and review for the blog, so I am interspersing them with the Bookshelf books. And I have finished my first title of the year!

Title: When We Collided
Author: Emery Lord
Status: New Read

Where did I acquire it?
My boss loaned me this one. Apparently the author is going to be in the area at some point this year, or Skyping with us, so my boss asked us to read her novel and let her know what we thought.

How long have I owned it without reading it?
I don't own this one, but I have had it on loan for about three months.

Thoughts?
I will link to my full review when it goes up on TLR, but I did like a lot about this book. It's a YA romance that talks about mental illness very realistically, and it's view of YA romance is realistic, too -- this is a teenage couple who need each other for the summer they spend together, but they are never painted as a forever kind of love. I wouldn't keep this book on my shelf if I owned it, but I really appreciated it, and I'd love to hear the author speak about her experiences.

Status after reading?
Going back to my boss

Numbers:
Books in the project: 420
Books tackled so far: 2
Books still unread: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment