Sunday, January 15, 2017

TGBC: Round 1: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things

As I move through Round 1, I am skipping the collected work of Douglas Adams, not because I don't love Hitchhiker's Guide, but because the collection belongs to my husband, so onto the next book on the shelf:

Title: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
Author: Ann Aguirre
Status: Reread

Where did I acquire it?
This was a book club freebie from Teen Lit Rocks a couple years ago.

How long since I read it?
Two years.

Thoughts:
I loved this book the first time I read it, and I love it still. It's a YA title that deals with heavy topics without being completely depressing and angsty. It's hopeful, and I love the message that we do get to choose who we become, that anyone can change at any point, no matter their past. The cast is marvelous; there's no one I don't love, everyone is three dimensional and well drawn. I recommend this one all the time.

Status after rereading?
I do love this book, and I am glad I hung onto it and that I read it again. It's definitely a book I will rec to a lot of people. But, I think I'm gonna put it on the giveaway pile. I've read it twice, but I don't know that it will become a go-to reread for me. Still, definitely pick this one up. It's amazing.

Numbers:
I feel like none of these are accurate anymore. I'm so bad at math.
Books included in the GBC project: 422
Books tackled so far: 6
Books still unread: 98
Books I'm giving away: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment