Saturday, January 21, 2017

TGBC: Round 1: Renee Ahdieh

Titles: The Wrath and the Dawn and The Rose and the Dagger
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Status: Rereads

Where did I acquire them?
Book 1 I got for Christmas from my brother-in-law; book 2 I got from my boss's stash of 2016 publications. I have wanted both for my collection since I owned them. These were always going to be kept; I just rewarded myself with a reread because I love them so much.

How long since I've read them?
I reread Book 1 when Book 2 came out, and read Book 2 immediately upon publication, so . . . nine months? About?

Thoughts:
I adore literally everything about these books - the story, the characters, the world, the covers. I love it all. These are a retelling of the Shahrzad story, with a beautiful, beautiful conceit. The Caliph is not a murder-hungry, cold-blooded killer, and Shahrzad is not a pure-hearted maiden trying to help him return to the light. He's under a curse he won't tell anyone about, and she's there to kill him. READ THESE BOOKS.

Status After Reading:
Keeping. I am keeping these books until the end of time. That was never an issue.

Numbers:

So, I felt like I was losing control of my numbers, so I did what I should have done at the outset -- I made a color-coded spreadsheet. Official numbers (please ignore where they don't line up with the past numbers section)

Books included in the GBC project: 417
Books tackled so far: 9
Books still unread: 92
Books I'm giving away: 4 (I decided not to reread Mitch Album's The Five People You Meet in Heaven, so it goes in the giveaway pile)

No comments:

Post a Comment