Thursday, March 9, 2017

Round Two Wrap Up

I blew through the end of Round Two, so let's wrap it up!

I was about 25% of the way through Chasing Vermeer, and it was driving me crazy. The whole plot hinges on an insane amount of coincidences, and while the book is self-aware in that respect, I just couldn't keep reading. And if I'm not keeping book 1, it doesn't make sense to keep book 2, so those are gone. I will still happily recommend these books to kids, because the puzzles are wonderful, and they teach art history in a really effective way, but I'm not going to keep them on my shelf.
Before:

After:

So some gappage there!

Titles and Statuses:
Emma by Jane Austen: Did not reread, keeping
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: Did not reread, keeping
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen: Did not reread, keeping
Persuasion by Jane Austen: Did not reread, keeping
Pride and Prejudice (LBD edition!) by Jane Austen: Did not finish reread, keeping
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen: Did not reread, keeping
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame: Did not finish reread, giving away
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies graphic novel by Jane Austen and Set Graham: Chase's, he hasn't made a decision yet, so I've delivered it to his office until he does.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: Read, keeping
Illusions by Richard Bach: Chase's, giving away
Goblinproofing Your Chicken Coop by Something Bakeley: Chase's, no decision yet made because my husband is a slacker
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliott: Did not finish reread, giving away
The Wright 3 by Blue Balliott: Did not reread, giving away
Peter Pan by JM Barrie: Did not reread, keeping

Four books given away this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment