Tuesday, May 30, 2017

TGBC: 4 for the price of 1!: Wonderful Feels Like This and the Gemma Doyle Trilogy

I've fallen a bit behind, so let's play catch-up! I have a Teen Lit Rocks title and a trilogy to review!

Title: Wonderful Feels Like This
Author: Sara Lovestam
Status: New read

How did I acquire it?
This was a Teen Lit Rocks ARC.

How long have I owned it without reading it?
About a month

Thoughts?
I finished this a little bit ago, about a week and a half, and I've already forgotten a lot of it, which is not the best sign. I enjoyed it enough to keep reading, and there were issues it discussed very well -- bullying and the underlying reasons why people attack other people, the importance of connecting with people of different generations, how to find the courage to pursue your dreams -- but overall, this wasn't a stand out novel for me. It's not one I'm going to press into other people's hands and say "You HAVE to read this!"

Status after reading?
I'm giving this one away

---
These three books are the real reason it's been so long. I'm doing series all together, and these three have 1,770 pages between them. So it took me a while.

Titles: The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing)
Author: Libba Bray
Status: Rereads

How did I acquire these?
Good gracious, I don't even remember. I remember buying the third one, or getting it as a gift, because I needed the end of this series.

How long has it been since I read them?
I last reread/read this series when the final book came out, in 2007. So it's been a while.

Thoughts?
I remembered adoring these books in high school.  I remembered every plot twist and turn of book 1 and most of book 2, because I've read both of those a few times. The last book, I remembered the big ending and a few details here and there, but I haven't reread the books since the last one came out because the ending is so devastating. It still was, but this time I was braced for it, and it's devastating in a beautiful and meaningful way.

Status after rereading?
I'm hanging onto these.

Numbers:
Books in the project: 455
Books tackled so far: 66
Books still unread: 76
Books giving away: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment