Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Great Bookshelf Caper Round 4: 2 for the price of 1!

Hey, I'm getting back at this! Let's catch up!

Title: 13
Authors: Jason Robert Brown and Dan Elish
Status: Reread

How did I acquire this?
Bought it literally ages ago. I've had this book for...almost ten years, I think?

How long has it been since I've read it?
Almost ten years, I think.

Thoughts?
I own this book because 13 the Musical is one of my top five favorite musicals, and when I found out they had turned it into a novel, I of course had to buy and read it. The musical is better. There's something beautiful that I love about this story in musical format that doesn't quite translate to novel format. I think I don't like being quite so inside Evan's head. I also think that the music really elevates the story. I still enjoyed the novel, but it doesn't move me the way the original format does.

Status after reading?
Even being slightly warmer than lukewarm toward this book, I'm going to keep it. I have a lot of students who love the musical as much as I do, and who I think would get a kick out of reading the novel. It's also not widely available anymore.

----
Title: The Secret Garden
Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Status: Reread

How did I acquire this?
I'm not sure I actually acquired it, and it didn't just spontaneously appear on my shelf.

How long has it been since I read it?
Golly, I cannot remember.

Thoughts?
I mean, it's a classic. It's The Secret Garden! (Again, theme for this post, the musical is better) It meanders toward the end, but it's The Secret Garden.

Status after rereading?
Keeping the classic!

Numbers
Books in the project: 464
Books tackled so far: 77
Books still unread: 75
Books giving away: 42

No comments:

Post a Comment