Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review Cancellation, what??

Hello all! Cassie here.

So, originally this last week, I was going to be reviewing Fortune's Fool, by Mercedes Lackey. But as I started my reread, I realized that that novel is less The Little Mermaid and more the siren legend with a taste of Russian folklore.

Okay, says I. Well, Jim C Hines sequel to The Stepsister Scheme is The Mermaid's Madness, and it promises to be a Little Mermaid adaptation, so we'll read that!

But about halfway through, I realized that that novel deals with the character of the little mermaid years after the events of her story, and the novel's events aren't even directly related, not really. It's less of an adaptation and more of a continuation with a brand new tale.

And then I said, you know, it's really to late to try and track down a fourth adaptation, let alone read it, plus I don't know that they're really out there beyond the three I've read, plus I've got a show going up this weekend, and I'm up to my eyeballs in tech week, so maybe we should just take a break, yeah?

So, for my sanity, plus the fact that the two novels for this week turned out to not fit the criteria, we're turning this into a three-adaptation month, and I will see you all on the 30th with our wrap-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment